Unlike oil and gas, electricity is not a primary source of energy. It needs to be manufactured from other energy sources.
 
In Manitoba, hydro (98.63%) is by far the main source. The other 1.37% uses natural gas, coal, wind, biomass or other alternatives to manufacture electricity. Manitoba has no nuclear power plants.  
 
Manitoba produces all of its own electricity needs. See its production statistics here.
 
RESIDENTIAL
PRODUCTION
In 2010, production
consumed 2,184,683 GJ and
emitted 93,978 GHG tonnes.