Unlike oil and gas, electricity is not a primary source of energy. It needs to be manufactured from other energy sources.
 
In Quebec, hydro is by far the main source (96.37%). The other 3.63% is made from a variety of fuels, including uranium, natural gas, biomass, oil and diesel, or with wind and other alternatives
 
Quebec produces all of its own electricity needs. See Quebec's production statistics here.
 
RESIDENTIAL
PRODUCTION
In 2010, production
consumed 76,127,690 GJ and
emitted 503,601 GHG tonnes.